Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Chr. v. Stuckrad" <st...@mi.fu-berlin.de> on 2006/03/07 16:55:55 UTC

Re: [OT] Amavisd replacement suggestion

On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 04:42:31PM +0100, Michael Monnerie wrote:
> Isn't PITA some sort of Greek bread? The one they use for Gyros, I
> believe. Wait, looking on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pita
> So why is it like Greek bread?

May be, amavisd is best if toasted (as I like pita==pide :-)

But if 'amavisd is a PITA' meant the old Version,
which starts 'one perl-process per mail' that
is enormously slow and cpu-power-hungy compared
to amavisd which comples only once, then stays
in memory and then only forks children.

So the old one is more a pain in the server,
a chance to 'toast' the Server or your mail :-)

Stucki