Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Miles Fidelman <mf...@ntcorp.com> on 1997/08/09 03:10:02 UTC

mod_mime/983: multipart/form-data unrecognized

>Number:         983
>Category:       mod_mime
>Synopsis:       multipart/form-data unrecognized
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I'm running a set of PHP scripts that run fine on older sites, but when run on a brand new install of a recent Apache install (both 1.2.0 and today, 1.3a1), the scripts fail - passing through the error message

"Unsupported content-type: multipart/form-data"

This is a two-part failure in that the HTTP 1.1 spec. requires that unrecognized multipart subtypes be treated as multipart/mixed.
try http://ne-arts.net/php/files/files.phtml, select any file for uploading, and push the button - other things will fail since the script isn't fully installed, but the error message will be generated as the first result of executing the form post
>Fix:
figure out why this stopped working from earlier version