Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@kiwi.ics.uci.edu> on 1997/11/18 22:48:27 UTC

Re: Win32 install

>ftp://www.apache.org/httpd/dist/apache_1.3b3-dev_win32_c.exe

On an slightly unrelated note, I think we should change our
file naming conventions to avoid the use of "." in the version number.
In other words

                apache_1_3b3-dev_win32_c.exe

has a better chance of being downloaded as-named on DOS/VMS-ilk.

....Roy

Re: Win32 install

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.
Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> >ftp://www.apache.org/httpd/dist/apache_1.3b3-dev_win32_c.exe
>
> On an slightly unrelated note, I think we should change our
> file naming conventions to avoid the use of "." in the version number.
> In other words
>
>                 apache_1_3b3-dev_win32_c.exe
>
> has a better chance of being downloaded as-named on DOS/VMS-ilk.

What for? This is a Win32 install - it won't run on anything else.

Cheers,

Ben.