Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Josh McKenzie <jm...@apache.org> on 2022/10/08 12:30:16 UTC

[VOTE] Revising release gating criteria and CI systems

DISCUSS thread: https://lists.apache.org/thread/o166v7nr9lxnzdy5511tv40rr9t6zbrw

Revise Release Lifecycle cwiki page (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CASSANDRA/Release+Lifecycle):
 - Ensure we have parity on jobs run and coverage between circle and asf-ci
 - Allow usage of circleci as gatekeeper for releases. A release will require 1 green run for beta, 3 green runs consecutively for ga
 - No new consistent regressions on CI for asf compared to prior branches
 - Explicitly do not consider ci-cassandra asf flaky tests as release blockers

Changes to codify into documentation (https://cassandra.apache.org/_/development/how_to_commit.html):
 - On patch before commit, multiplex @500 all new tests, changed tests, or expected to be impacted tests ("expected to be impacted" piece pending multi-class multiplexing support).
 - Add support for / documentation for multi-class specification in multiplexer and document

Add informal project commitment during next major release lifecycle to continue working on bringing asf ci-cassandra up to where it can be formal gatekeeper for release.

The vote for these revisions will run through EoD 10/12/22 to give us the weekend + 72 business hours.

Re: [VOTE] Revising release gating criteria and CI systems

Posted by Josh McKenzie <jm...@apache.org>.
With 8 +1's (and >= 3 binding), the vote passes.

I'll get the documentation updated. Thanks everyone!

Posted by Jeremiah D Jordan <je...@gmail.com>.
+1 nb

Posted by Benjamin Lerer <bl...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Derek Chen-Becker <de...@chen-becker.org>.
+1

I should have an initial patch to add some of the missing tests in circleci
Monday.

Derek

Posted by Josh McKenzie <jm...@apache.org>.
+1