Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Gu...@glencore.co.uk on 2010/09/14 19:34:47 UTC

Unable to run the broker

Hello,  I have just started trying to use your product today, i followed
all of the steps in the tutorial
https://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/getting-started-guide.html and yet when i
try to run the broker i get an error :

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC>"C:\Program
Files\Qpid\qpid-0.6
bin\qpid-server.bat"
Warning: Qpid classpath not set. CLASSPATH set to C:\Program
Files\Qpid\qpid-0.
\lib\qpid-all.jar
Info: QPID_JAVA_GC not set. Defaulting to JAVA_GC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
Info: QPID_JAVA_MEM not set. Defaulting to JAVA_MEM -Xmx1024m
Files\Qpid\qpid-0/6
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Files\Qpid\qpid-0.6
Could not find the main class: Files\Qpid\qpid-0.6.  Program will exit.

i checked qpid-all.jar and it has no classes inside it, am i missing
something ?

Cheers

LEGAL DISCLAIMER. The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are strictly
confidential and they may not be used or disclosed by someone who is not a
named recipient.
If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by replying
to this email inserting the word "misdirected" as the message and delete this
e-mail from your system.

Re: Unable to run the broker

Posted by "Sorin S." <ss...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
qpid-all.jar is a convenience way of setting the classpath so that if
qpid-all.jar is present  in the classpath the other required jar are
sourced via the manifest file (with the assumption they are all
located in the same directory)
I can run the broker with no problems here - can you try and run the
broker from a directory that does not contain spaces in its name?

Cheers,

Sorin

--
Sorin S

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

RE: Unable to run the broker

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
As Sorin mentioned, this is probably due to the space in your installation
path.

I believe a fix for the issue was added after 0.6 was prepared:

Robbie