Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/25 00:11:17 UTC

[DISCUSS] Slack Channel for BookKeeper

Hi all,

What do you guys all think about having a dedicated slack channel for
informal discussion for the community? There are a handful of Apache
projects are doing that already, there are also ways to have a bot that
sends daily digest of the conversation to the mailing lists (to keep the
records in ASF infrastructure).

As the followup steps for merging DL into BookKeeper, we are transferring
the DL slack channel to BookKeeper PMC. We can just make it a BK slack
channel, and have different channels under it for different discussions.

Thoughts?

- Sijie

Re: [DISCUSS] Slack Channel for BookKeeper

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
As we discussed in today's community meeting
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BOOKKEEPER/2017-07-27+Meeting+Notes>,
I will start a vote thread for that.

- Sijie

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
Currently BK doesn't has one yet.

Posted by Matteo Merli <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 2:57 PM, Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org> wrote:

> Is there an apache "team" in slack? it would save having to have
> multiple teams open if a person is involved in multiple projects. This
> would be especially useful for people who use slack in the browser. It
> would also reduce the signup barrier.

Yes, there's one: https://theasf.slack.com

Though it's only open to ASF committers because it requires a @apache.org
account.

Re: [DISCUSS] Slack Channel for BookKeeper

Posted by Matteo Merli <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.
Is there an apache "team" in slack? it would save having to have
multiple teams open if a person is involved in multiple projects. This
would be especially useful for people who use slack in the browser. It
would also reduce the signup barrier.

-Ivan

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Awesome +1

--

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: [DISCUSS] Slack Channel for BookKeeper

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Awesome +1

--

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: [DISCUSS] Slack Channel for BookKeeper

Posted by Dustin Castor <du...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Agreed! Or an IRC.Β

Posted by Leigh Stewart <ls...@twitter.com.INVALID>.
πŸ›³it