Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org.INVALID> on 2022/07/28 10:38:14 UTC

Current comparison of LO vs AOO

Hi all

Published today a quite accurate comparison (some minor details are not so correct)

https://itsfoss.com/libreoffice-vs-openoffice/

The Table of Contents could almost be used as a to-do list :)

Best,
Pedro

Re: Current comparison of LO vs AOO

Posted by Aivaras Stepukonis <as...@gmail.com>.
Unless I missed it, the author does not touch upon the localization
state and quality (!) of either project. That in itself may be a
deal-breaker for many a user.

Overall, the write-up struck me as yet another attempt to promote LO at
the expense of OO (e.g., /enforcing/ LO on the users of Linux, while
thwarting their access to alternatives, is presented as a feature of LO
and a shortcoming of OO. Sorry, that is NOT a feature. It is a
limitation both of LO and Linux. It is actually the opposite of what
free software should be).

--
Pagarbiai / Sincerely,
📧 Aivaras Stepukonis <ma...@gmail.com>

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
> Hi Pedro,
>
> Am 28.07.22 um 12:38 schrieb Pedro Lino:
>> Hi all
>>
>> Published today a quite accurate comparison (some minor details are not so correct)
> Yes, LO isn't in the Microsoft Store anymore, while OpenOffice is... ;-)

Oh, they call it AlloOffice now? Another new name like the numerous
other LO clones?

Matthias

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Pedro,