Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Dave Koelmeyer <da...@davekoelmeyer.co.nz> on 2014/05/13 11:01:14 UTC

Re: Open Discussion - How to increasing JSPWiki publicity ...

On 13/04/14 19:17, Janne Jalkanen wrote:
> Gave you admin access on the FB group :-)
>
> /Janne
>
> On 13 Apr 2014, at 06:31 , Dave Koelmeyer <da...@davekoelmeyer.co.nz> wrote:

Hi Janne/All,

A belated thanks for this. I believe since that group was created
Facebook has focused far more on Pages as a business or
organisation-specific promotion/marketing tool (cf.
https://www.facebook.com/notes/324706977130).

Would we please be able to create a fresh Facebook Page for JSPWiki? And
do we need sign-off from Apache for this?

Cheers,
Dave

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
On 07/20/2014 02:57 AM, Dave Koelmeyer wrote:

> On 13/05/14 21:01, Dave Koelmeyer wrote:
>>
>> On 13/04/14 19:17, Janne Jalkanen wrote:
>>> Gave you admin access on the FB group :-)
>>>
>>> /Janne
>>>
>>> On 13 Apr 2014, at 06:31 , Dave Koelmeyer
>>> <da...@davekoelmeyer.co.nz> wrote:
>>>

>> Hi Janne/All,
>>
>> A belated thanks for this. I believe since that group was created
>> Facebook has focused far more on Pages as a business or
>> organisation-specific promotion/marketing tool (cf.
>> https://www.facebook.com/notes/324706977130).
>>
>> Would we please be able to create a fresh Facebook Page for JSPWiki?
>> And do we need sign-off from Apache for this?
>

> Just a bump on this one :)
>
> Dave

Dave, don't get cute, there were four responses after this point on the
thread, all negative about continuing with Facebook.  I've already
opined---seconded by Harry--that the only thing we need to do with
Facebook is to get its JSPWiki site shut down.  It's a cybersquatting
site--i.e. something out of the control of the JSPWiki team--that Janne
should no longer be running.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jspwiki-dev/201405.mbox/%3CCABp47EteS9jYzy-_NSxPfUD%2BhPu5MuHOONyq-FfrqoBzrWwK%2BA%40mail.gmail.com%3E

Glen

Re: Open Discussion - How to increasing JSPWiki publicity ...

Posted by Dave Koelmeyer <da...@davekoelmeyer.co.nz>.

Posted by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com>.
I fully agree with Glen here.
If someone can give me admin rights, I could try to remove the FB page.

regards,
Harry

Posted by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com>.
Since I am not an administrator in this JSPWiki FB group, can someone
delete this group (or make me administrator, so I can delete it) ?

kind regards,
Harry

Posted by Jürgen Weber <ju...@jwi.de>.
+1