Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Alf Felis <Al...@gmx.de> on 2010/01/20 14:08:54 UTC

[Tobago] Locale changed when handling exceptions

Hi all,

I have a problem with the locale and the error handling.

My application provides the possibility to choose the preferred language.
I set the selected locale with the following code

FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getViewRoot().setLocale(selectedLocale);

Everything works fine until the error page is called.
For any exception I use one error page set within the web.xml.

    <error-page>
        <exception-type>java.lang.Throwable</exception-type>
        <location>/faces/ErrorPage.jsp</location>
    </error-page>

If now an error occurred the locale set by my code above will be overridden and set to the browser locale.

How can I avoid this?

Best regards,

Alf

--
Preisknaller: GMX DSL Flatrate für nur 16,99 Euro/mtl.!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02