Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kief Morris <ki...@bitBull.com> on 2000/12/14 11:28:12 UTC

Re: precompile jsp with Tomcat 3.2

Joan Xiao typed the following on 17:01 13/12/2000 -0800
>I've been trying to use jspc to precompile the jsp pages into java classes.

I've moved this to tomcat-user, since tomcat-dev is for discussing development
of tomcat itself, not how to use tomcat.

>   Now I have problem with where to put the class files. Should they be
>under the web-inf\classes
>   or the work\ directory? I put them under web-inf\classes. And I have the
>classes preserve
>   the package/directory structure.

Tomcat itself puts them in work/<webappname>. The webappname for
the ROOT webapp on my development server is "localhost_8080 ", for
the admin webapp it's "localhost_8080%2Fadmin".

My advice is to see where Tomcat puts the .class file when you let
it generate it automatically, and put your precompiled files there.

Kief

---
              bitBull makes the Internet bite: http://www.bitBull.com/demos/

New JSP based website

Posted by Alan Wright <At...@btinternet.com>.
Myself and a friend have just put a JSP based website up at www.free-minder.com

We have put a bit of background on the site up in the "About" section and plan to
put as much of the
source as we can in the New Year. I will post another message when the source is
available.

The site uses Interbase/Tomcat/JSP on a Cobalt RaQ4 and was developed using
JBuilder for the inter
active stuff and Perl for the batch stuff.

Please feel free to use the site as we intend to keep it free for use and free of
adverts.

Happy Christmas

Alan Wright and Fraser Maclennan

PS reply direct to my mail address as I have unsubscribed from the list for the
time being.