Posted to user@struts.apache.org by abhishek jain <ab...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/18 11:38:10 UTC

Two applications, one in a sub folder

Dear friends,
I have a website in Struts 1.2 and i want to install another Struts
application made by me, in a subfolder of the website. I don't know will
this work,
Both are struts 1.2 applications.
I am using apache and  Tomcat on Cpanel , linux centos .

Pl. advice
--
Thanks and kind Regards,
Abhishek jain

Re: Two applications, one in a sub folder

Posted by Brian Thompson <el...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 1:19 AM, abhishek jain
<ab...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 3:08 PM, abhishek jain
> <ab...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Dear friends,
>> I have a website in Struts 1.2 and i want to install another Struts
>> application made by me, in a subfolder of the website. I don't know will
>> this work,

I know for sure that you can have two Struts applications running in
the same Tomcat instance like this:

http://www.example.com/foo/
http://www.example.com/bar/

or

http://www.example.com/apps/foo/
http://www.example.com/apps/bar/

In each case, you'd configure the web server to pass requests to the
Tomcat connector, and then the context root would function normally.
You'd only need one Tomcat worker, and your Tomcat/webapps directory
would have foo.war and bar.war in it.

I'm not sure if you can configure it to work like this, but there
might be a way:

http://www.example.com/foo/
http://www.example.com/foo/bar/

>> Both are struts 1.2 applications.
>> I am using apache and  Tomcat on Cpanel , linux centos .
>>
>> Pl. advice
>> --
>> Thanks and kind Regards,
>> Abhishek jain
>>

> anyone got any idea,
> I was searching on net,and one of  the possible solution was to map properly
> worker or so,
> Also is it possible to have two tomcat on different ports and then map the
> paths in URL to different ports.

Yes, this would work.  You'd just need to set up two Tomcat workers -
one for each port.

You could also configure it like this:

http://foo.example.com/
http://bar.example.com/