Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Vahid Pazirandeh <vp...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/13 01:33:29 UTC

Where is dependency for netscape.javascript.JSObject?

I want to call javascript code from within my Java applet. It seems like
netscape.javascript.JSObject is the way to go:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/plugin/developer_guide/java_js.html

1. Do the maven repositories have this plugin? Or would I have to use my own
"plugin.jar" file sitting in my JDK?

2. Since it seems like the Java plugin JRE has the JSObject available, I
don't want to include the dependency into my package. Would I just use the
following in my POM to compile against the classes, but spare it from being
included in my package?

	< dependency >
		< groupId >foo < /groupId >
		< artifactId >bar< /artifactId >
		< scope >compile< /scope >
	< /dependency >

Thanks everyone!

-Vahid Pazirandeh

RE: Where is dependency for netscape.javascript.JSObject?

Posted by "Gargan, Stephen" <sg...@qualcomm.com>.
You could add the plugin jar to your localrepo using the install
command. You can see usage for the install plugin here.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-install-plugin/usage.html

Easiest thing to do will be to specify what you want your dependency to
be called  (I'm sure the java groupid is frowned on but you're only
using it internally right ;) so pick whatever groupid you like)

<dependency>
  <groupId> java </groupId>
  <artifactId >java-plugin</artifactId>
  <version> jre-1.5.0_09 </version>
  <scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>

No run a build and the dependency will fail to resolve and mvn will very
kindly spit out the command line you need to install it locally.

i.e.

mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=java.plugin -DartifactId=plugin \
          -Dversion=jre-1.5.0_09 -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/plugin.jar

You use the scope of 'provided' to stop it being packaged up.

Rgds,

ste