Posted to ftpserver-users@mina.apache.org by "Philistine, Ralph J" <Ra...@Navistar.com> on 2008/04/30 18:49:27 UTC

ftp quot pasv

I am attempting to send this again. I haven't seen my last post on the
site for the last two days.  I have attached 2 log files one for the
client and one for the server depicting a pasv connection to ftpserver
that is not going through the pasv block of code in the
iodataconnectionfactory.  Please let me know what the issue is with what
I am seeing.

Thanks,

Ralph

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail, and any attachments
and/or documents linked to this email, are intended for the
addressee and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential, proprietary, or otherwise protected by law.  Any
dissemination, distribution, or copying is prohibited.  This
notice serves as a confidentiality marking for the purpose of
any confidentiality or nondisclosure agreement.  If you have
received this communication in error, please contact the
original sender.

Re: ftp quot pasv

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
Hey

Sorry for replying earlier! Thanks for the log files, make things a
lot easier to debug :-)

Here's my guess, sending the quot pasv does not put your client in
passive mode (I'm not familiar with any client that works like that).
Instead, setting the client in passive mode probably requires some for
the command line argument or similar. In your case, using the built in
FTP client in Windows, I'm not sure there is a way of enabling passive
mode at all.

If you look at the server log, you'll see the client sending a PORT
command before STOR, that tells you for sure that the client is in
active mode.

Did you mention that the file transfer did not work in the case?

/niklas