Posted to dev@jakarta.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2010/04/22 17:29:02 UTC

Gump nags

Hi all,

Gump nag mails need to be adjusted so they go to the new list(s) rather
than get re-routed.  Do people prefer to have the nag mails go to the
notifications@ list or to dev@?

Stefan

Re: Gump nags

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 11:39 AM, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 2010-04-22, Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 11:29 AM, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>
>>> Gump nag mails need to be adjusted so they go to the new list(s) rather
>>> than get re-routed.  Do people prefer to have the nag mails go to the
>>> notifications@ list or to dev@?
>
>> Per design, all automated messages should go to notifications@ -- that
>> would include JIRA (already done), SVN commit messages (already done,
>> though may need moderation for each committers first commit), Bugzilla
>> and Gump.
>
> I thought so - and have already changed the Gump descriptors to reflect
> this.  As I discovered I am a moderator for both lists so can help with
> moderating through. 8-)

<snip/>

Cool, thanks for updating the descriptors and thanks in advance for
the help with moderation.

As a reminder, the progress is being tracked here:

Please add a comment indicating you've updated the Gump descriptors. I
can add the comment too, but you've done the work so I'll leave it to
you :-)

-Rahul

Re: Gump nags

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Re: Gump nags

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 11:32 AM, Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 5:41 AM, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
>> On 2010-04-22, Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Do we have a Bugzilla admin on this list? Atleast the following use
>>> Bugzilla and would need to be updated:
>>
>>>   BCEL, BSF, JMeter, ORO, Regexp
>>
>> If notifications@jakarta was the email of a valid Bugzilla user I could
>> modify the products and their compoments to have this as the default
>> owner - and thus the address that gets all notifications.  Unfortunately
>> I lack the karma to create new bugzilla users.
>>
> <snip/>
>
> OK, please add a comment to INFRA-2335 indicating what we need (unless
> someone on this list jumps in before that and does the deed).
>
> Currently, Bugzilla notifications are going to dev@ (due to qmail
> redirects) but we should get that changed to notifications@ soon.

<snip/>

I've asked for Bugzilla help on the infra list.

-Rahul

Re: Gump nags

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: Gump nags

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Re: Gump nags

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 11:29 AM, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Gump nag mails need to be adjusted so they go to the new list(s) rather
> than get re-routed.  Do people prefer to have the nag mails go to the
> notifications@ list or to dev@?

<snip/>

Thanks, was about to send a similar email :-)