Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr> on 2017/11/02 06:06:18 UTC

[Decanter] - Collector socket improvement

Hi,

I decided to use Decanter as a syslog server for my router with the
collector-socket and append the data to ES with the
appender-elasticsearch-rest.

Syslog send data with the UDP protocol and actually, it doesn't work
with the collector-socket version.

I make some modifications on the collector-socket to test it using a
DatagramServer instead of a ServerSocket for UDP.

The modifications are :

- Add a new properties in the collector cfg file to define the protocol :

# Protocol tcp(default) or udp
#protocol=tcp

- Instanciate a DatagramServer in the case of udp protocol is define in
the cfg (org.apache.karaf.decanter.collector.socket.SocketCollector)

It work's well and I can share it by a PR.

Re: [Decanter] - Collector socket improvement

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks !

Regards
JB

Posted by Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr>.
Done : KARAF-5454

Posted by Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr>.
Ok, I try to create it.

Le 02/11/2017 à 10:23, Jean-Baptiste Onofré a écrit :
> Up to you. I can create the Jira after and ament the commit.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On Nov 2, 2017, 07:21, at 07:21, Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr> wrote:
>> Cool !
>>
>> Should I create a JIRA before ?
>>

>> Le 02/11/2017 à 10:11, Jean-Baptiste Onofré a écrit :
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Great idea and improvement. Can you create a PR, I will review.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Regards

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr>.