Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by "gokmen.yontem" <go...@boun.edu.tr> on 2021/06/13 09:37:21 UTC

About Nutch 1.x Rest API at port 8081

Hello all,

My last question turns out to be actually a docker issue, I understood
that with great embarrassment. This time, I'm pretty sure it's a similar
issue :) But believe me, I gave lots of effort into this as well.

This documentation
(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NUTCH/Nutch+1.X+RESTAPI)
tells me that after I run the server with `bin/nutch startserver` the
API starts working on the 8081 port.

Within the docker container (I get inside with docker exec -it) I
confirm that the API is up and running, responsive to my rest calls, but
I cannot reach it out outside of the container.

So far I have tried visiting http://localhost:8081/admin on my browser
(I have also tried other variations like 127.0.0.1, 0.0.0.0, docker IP,
machine IP, etc). Postman all of these URLs as well.

Additionally, I have added a frontend application to my docker network,
I make sure that Frontend, Solr, and Nutch are in the same docker
network, and I have tried to make rest calls to Solr and Nutch services
from my frontend application: Solr worked, Nutch didn't work.

I have also suspected that there might something wrong with my computer,
or with the windows 10 that I'm using, I have tried all of the things
above on an AWS server. No luck.

Finally, I dig into the docker world and I have tried a bunch of things
like exposing ports, different types of networks, etc, It didn't work as
well. But since I'm not having an issue with solr API, I thought it
could be right to ask this issue to the community.

Here's my repo:
https://github.com/gorkemyontem/nutch/blob/main/docker-compose.yml
I asked this question on
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/67949442/apache-nutch-doesnt-expose-its-api.

Thanks for your help,
Gokmen

Re: About Nutch 1.x Rest API at port 8081

Posted by "gokmen.yontem" <go...@boun.edu.tr>.
Hi All,

I guess the solution was using 0.0.0.0 instead of localhost.

    command: '/root/nutch/bin/nutch startserver -port 8081 -host 0.0.0.0'

https://stackoverflow.com/a/67972504/4907821

Thanks for your help,
Gokmen