Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Dan Smith <da...@vmware.com.INVALID> on 2022/11/03 22:15:11 UTC

[RESULT] [VOTE] Move geode to the attic

This vote is now closed, thanks to everyone who voted. The vote has passed with 4 binding PMC members voting to move the project to the attic.

I think the next step is that I will add an item to the agenda for the next Apache board meeting for the board to consider. I'll also put the details in our board report and share out a draft.

Results:

Binding PMC members
--------------------------
+1  - Xiaojian, Anthony, Mark, Dan

Committers and Users
-------------------------
+1 - Ernie, Donal, Ali, Ajay
 -1 - Rupert, Pieter

RE: [RESULT] [VOTE] Move geode to the attic

Posted by ru...@webstersystems.co.uk.
Thank you.
Thanks also for the note that we could start over.
Though I think that open source community shall look to satisfy use cases
for distributed "hash map on steroids" with Apache Kafka or gRPC and other
open source projects.
Geode shall go back to commercial Gemfire again.
Like China and India Railways (amazing)...  and international banks... shall
use Gemfire.
Smaller business use other open source products.
Unless Geode / Gemfire was priced on a like AWS pay-as-you-go model.
I guess that’s where this is all going.

Thanks for open sourcing in the first place. It was a lot of fun to have to
work really hard to make it work in FX broking.
Cheers...

Posted by Dan Smith <da...@vmware.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Dan Smith <da...@vmware.com>.