Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com> on 2008/10/01 02:02:33 UTC

Windows port update

Hi Qpideers,

For those interested, the github qpid-port repo, windows2 branch has
the latest Windows port progress. Things are looking pretty good at
this point.

If you are waiting for Windows stuff, please feel free to have a look
and try it out. Please let me know of any issues you encounter.

I'm also going to start the process of getting this stuff into the svn
trunk. For smaller changes that enable the portability of things, I'll
use the jira issue, commit-then-review process. For larger things,
I'll post patches in jira first. Does this sound right/ok to the C++
folk?

Thanks,
-Steve

Re: Windows port update

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
Steve Huston wrote:
> Hi Qpideers,
>
> For those interested, the github qpid-port repo, windows2 branch has
> the latest Windows port progress. Things are looking pretty good at
> this point.

Fantastic, great work!

> If you are waiting for Windows stuff, please feel free to have a look
> and try it out. Please let me know of any issues you encounter.
>
> I'm also going to start the process of getting this stuff into the svn
> trunk. For smaller changes that enable the portability of things, I'll
> use the jira issue, commit-then-review process. For larger things,
> I'll post patches in jira first. Does this sound right/ok to the C++
> folk?

Sounds great to me! Its three weeks until the last proposed M4 freeze
date and it would of course be really good to be able to include c++ on
windows support for that.

Re: Windows port update

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Steve Huston wrote:
> Hi Qpideers,
>
> For those interested, the github qpid-port repo, windows2 branch has
> the latest Windows port progress. Things are looking pretty good at
> this point.
>
> If you are waiting for Windows stuff, please feel free to have a look
> and try it out. Please let me know of any issues you encounter.
>
> I'm also going to start the process of getting this stuff into the svn
> trunk. For smaller changes that enable the portability of things, I'll
> use the jira issue, commit-then-review process. For larger things,
> I'll post patches in jira first. Does this sound right/ok to the C++
> folk?
>
> Thanks,
> -Steve

Seems reasonable. just ping the list or Andrew if you want review of a
patch, so it does not
lie around with everyone thinking someone has the ball.

Carl.