Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Muhzin <rm...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/23 07:45:58 UTC

Karaf zabix monitoring

Hi all,
We are trying to monitor our karaf instance using zabix. Is there any way
that we can configure karaf so that we can get the jmx connection service
url of the form "hostname:port" ?

I tried to set the following options to the karaf start script

JAVA_OPTS="${JAVA_OPTS} -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote"
JAVA_OPTS="${JAVA_OPTS} -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=<port>"
JAVA_OPTS="${JAVA_OPTS} -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false"
JAVA_OPTS="${JAVA_OPTS} -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false"
JAVA_OPTS="${JAVA_OPTS} -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.local.only=false"
JAVA_OPTS="${JAVA_OPTS} -Djava.rmi.server.hostname=<hostname>

With this i am able to connect the jmx but not able to obtain the values.
Please advice.

Thanks in advance.
--
BR
Muhsin

Re: Karaf zabix monitoring

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Muhsin,

Karaf already embeds and provide the MBeanServer that you can configure
in etc/org.apache.karaf.management.cfg file.

The hostname:port format is not yet supported, we have a Jira about that:

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré