Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by 刘昆 <45...@qq.com> on 2016/11/19 10:00:58 UTC

How to get the filter information

Hi all,

    I'm a developer.
    I want to know how to get the hive filter information.
    Because our team propose new file format, and want to connect the hive system.

Best Regards,
kun

Re: How to get the filter information

Posted by Pengcheng Xiong <px...@apache.org>.
Hi Kun,

    There are several ways. If you just would like to see, you can simply
run explain. For example

hive> explain select key from src where value < 10;
OK
STAGE DEPENDENCIES:
  Stage-0 is a root stage

STAGE PLANS:
  Stage: Stage-0
    Fetch Operator
      limit: -1
      Processor Tree:
        TableScan
          alias: src
          Statistics: Num rows: 500 Data size: 5312 Basic stats: COMPLETE
Column stats: NONE
*          Filter Operator*
*            predicate: (UDFToDouble(value) < 10.0) (type: boolean)*
            Statistics: Num rows: 166 Data size: 1763 Basic stats: COMPLETE
Column stats: NONE
            Select Operator
              expressions: key (type: string)
              outputColumnNames: _col0
              Statistics: Num rows: 166 Data size: 1763 Basic stats:
COMPLETE Column stats: NONE
              ListSink

Time taken: 3.759 seconds, Fetched: 20 row(s)

     If you would like to push the filter into your file format, you may
need to debug Hive.

Best
Pengcheng Xiong