Posted to user@struts.apache.org by as...@gmx.de on 2003/08/05 12:47:59 UTC

Howto get ActionForward to calling Page?

Hi,

looking for a way to get an ActionForward to the page calling the
current servlet.

Example:
Want to realize 5-XX pages where to enter values for a
calculation. The calculation & result page would check if
everything entered was fine (using db queries etc..)
Now in case that one of the input values is incorrect /
missmatching the context, I'd like to redisplay the calling page
to the user, showing the values entered before + an error message.

How can i realize that without having to define specific forwards
to the 5 pages and then deciding which one was the calling one?

Tried the ActionMapping.getInputForward(), but it brought back
null values in the ActionForward only.

Comments and keywords to look for welcome.

Thanks, Alex

Re: Howto get ActionForward to calling Page?

Posted by Deepak <de...@ltp.soft.net>.
Try
new ActionForward(mapping.getInput())

deepak