Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by rapowder <an...@shockfish.com> on 2008/01/15 17:19:04 UTC

Dependencies of org.apache.myfaces.custom.tree.model.* package

Hi everybody,

I am trying to use the <t:tree> component with tomahawk 1.1.6 on a JBoss
Seam 1.2.1 framework over JBoss 4.0.5.GA Although I think having put all
required jars in my ear package, I still get a NoClassDefFoundError for the
class org.apache.myfaces.custom.tree.model.DefaultTreeModel.
I guess this has to do with some dependencies of the DefaultTreeModel class,
but I don't know which ones.

My .ear file contains the following jars:

- el-api.jar
- el-ri.jar
- jboss-seam.jar

and my WEB.INF/lib folder in the war file contains the following jars:

- tomahawk.jar
- jsf-facelets.jar

(and irrelevant I guess)
- jboss-seam-*.jar
- commons-*.jar

And here is the exception:

[...]

Lorg/apache/myfaces/custom/tree/model/DefaultTreeModel;
        at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredFields(Class.java:2259)
        at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields(Class.java:1715)
        at org.jboss.seam.Component.initMembers(Component.java:607)
        at org.jboss.seam.Component.<init>(Component.java:253)
        at org.jboss.seam.Component.<init>(Component.java:203)
        at
org.jboss.seam.init.Initialization.addComponent(Initialization.java:851)

Anyone can help about that?

Cheers,
Andrea

Re: Dependencies of org.apache.myfaces.custom.tree.model.* package

Posted by rapowder <an...@shockfish.com>.
Ok, I solved this first problem by adding tomahawk.jar ALSO to the jar of my
application (which I don't like as a solution, but works).

Problem is that now I get another exception:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException Value must be a TreeModel or TreeNode

I just implemented the example that i found at
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Tree2 (same code, no changes)

I have read on some other forum that the problem could be due to the
duplicate tomahawk.jar, but I really have no idea about how to solve this,
since I would fall again into my previous problem.

Please help :)