Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Rita <rm...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/29 15:17:34 UTC

HDFS-RAID

I would like to know if and ever if HDFS RAID  (
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HDFS-RAID) will ever get into mainline. This
is would be an extremely useful feature for many sites especially larger
ones.  The saving on storage will be noticeable. I haven really seen any
progress in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-503 so I am a bit
worried :-)

Re: HDFS-RAID

Posted by 林坚 <li...@gmail.com>.
Also wondering if anyone is doing the code backport

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 10:24 PM, Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com> wrote:
> Hello Rita,
>
> This discussion might interest you on the topic: http://search-hadoop.com/m/3O8Rl15Kqsq1
>
> On 29-Oct-2011, at 6:47 PM, Rita wrote:
>
>> I would like to know if and ever if HDFS RAID  (
>> http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HDFS-RAID) will ever get into mainline. This
>> is would be an extremely useful feature for many sites especially larger
>> ones.  The saving on storage will be noticeable. I haven really seen any
>> progress in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-503 so I am a bit
>> worried :-)
>>

>> --
>> --- Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.--

LIN, Jian

Re: HDFS-RAID

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hello Rita,