Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Hugo Palma <hu...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/10 16:16:48 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Tapestry plugin for IntelliJ

Hi all, i'd like to announce the "Tapestry plugin for IntelliJ" project
(still haven't found a cool name for it, any sugestions would be great). You
can access the project web site here http://tapidea.javaforge.com

The goal of this project isn't to re-implement Spindle for IDEA IntelliJ.
Instead it's to use the part of Spindle that is IDE agnostic and implement
the IDE specific features.

For now the implemented features are:

   - Tapestry module type.
            Creates a web module already with Tapestry specific deployment
descriptors and classpath.

   - Tapestry components palette.
            A new tool window with all framework and contrib components with
drag&drop support for page templates.

You can check the roadmap on the site and of course all sugestions are very
welcome.
I should make the first release sometime this week, but feel free to
download the code from SVN and building it yourself.

Looking forward to everyones help and support.

Cheers

Hugo

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Tapestry plugin for IntelliJ

Posted by Shawn Church <sh...@boxity.com>.
This is great news, Hugo; I'll be watching out for your release.

Shawn

Posted by Hugo Palma <hu...@gmail.com>.
phew, after some strugling with javaforge i finally manged to update the
site. Some screenshots are available now.

Posted by Hugo Palma <hu...@gmail.com>.
Only tapestry 4 is supported. The integration with Spindle will be donne as
Geoff's work on updating Spindle to T4 goes along.

Posted by Chris Chiappone <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re(2): [ANNOUNCE] Tapestry plugin for IntelliJ

Posted by Voors Paul <pa...@atp.nl>.
Just start using IntelliJ IDEA and you know why!

PAul

Marcus (01/11/2006 14:11):
>Tapestry is free, Eclipse is free, Java is free, why pay US$ 499,00 for
>IntelliJ IDEA license ? Don't have a free or non-comercial version, 30dd for
>evaluation is not an option.   :(

Met vriendelijke groet,

Paul Voors

function: Java Web Developer
department: Webdevelopment
Company:
ATP - The Advanced Travel Partner
Beechavenue 101 | 1119 RB Schiphol-Rijk | The Netherlands
P.O. Box 75672 | 1118 ZS  Schiphol-Rijk | The Netherlands
T +31 20 2011363 | F +31 20 2011362
e-mail: paul@atp.nl
www: www.atp.nl

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Tapestry plugin for IntelliJ

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com>.
Cool screenshots. I want to, ahem, break from my Eclipse roots and try
it out. Any chance for a "Building TapIdea for Dummies" section? Maven
is more foreign to me than IDEA!

Geoff

Posted by Shawn Church <sh...@boxity.com>.
As long as the cost does not exceed the value of my increased
productivity, I don't mind paying.  I've used Eclipse, and I
periodically download it to re-evaluate, but as long as IDEA is better I
will continue using it.  Over the past couple of years I have used it,
I've found the user interface, reliability, feature set,
customizability, and product support to be absolutely top-notch.
Considering the fact that I actively work in it at least eight hours
every day, cost is a non-issue.

Shawn

Posted by "Filip S. Adamsen" <fi...@stubkjaer-adamsen.dk>.
Wow, thanks for letting me know! I had no IDEA about this deal.

Gonna order it straight away. =D

Posted by Sergei Dubov <sd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jason Dyer <jd...@bluetarp.com>.
On Wednesday 11 January 2006 08:42, Hugo Palma wrote:
> <...snip> My feeling is that the Tapestry
> community that uses IntelliJ is big enough for it to be worthwhile to
> create this plugin <snip...>

I'll second that!

Also, I would point out that you *can* get IDEA free, if you're an open source
developer.

http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/opensource/opensource.html

--
Win98 error 004: Virus activated from DOS Prompt - but the virus requires
Windows. Your system will be rebooted for the Virus to take effect. [ OK ]

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Tapestry plugin for IntelliJ

Posted by Hugo Palma <hu...@gmail.com>.
You are right, we need to take it seriously, but please don't turn this into
a Intellij vs Eclipse discussion, there are lot's of those around that lead
nowhere.

Yes IntelliJ costs US$ 499,00, but that's a developers choice to pay for it
if he feels that it's worth the money. My feeling is that the Tapestry
community that uses IntelliJ is big enough for it to be worthwhile to create
this plugin, and maybe in the process it can attract some more people to
switching to IntelliJ.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcus <mv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hugo Palma <hu...@gmail.com>.
Having some problems with the javaforge site. This is getting very annoying.
I can't update the site and i'm getting no reply from the support email.
Anyone out there that can help me ?

Posted by Hugo Palma <hu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Voors Paul <pa...@atp.nl>.
Hugo,

That is very good news!. I am looking forward to the first release!.
(I have been searching the internet for such a plugin, but could not find it!)

Paul

Hugo Palma (01/10/2006 16:16):