Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Chakrader Dewaragatla <Ch...@lifelock.com> on 2015/10/07 04:32:35 UTC

Nifi on proxy

Hi – How do I setup a nifi workflow  with proxy ? Looks like ftp/http processors has proxy property to set, we looking for a s3 processors with proxy option.

I am interested in two setup options:

 - Setup entier nifi cluster to use proxy server
 Or
 - s3 put/get/list object with proxy .

Thanks,
-Chakri
________________________________
The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.
________________________________

Re: Nifi on proxy

Posted by Chakrader Dewaragatla <Ch...@lifelock.com>.
Matt – Thank you.

I should have clear on my initial email. Our setup has all incoming ports open (no proxy), all out going ports are proxied. I am able to submit rest calls to the nifi server, I have problem put/get/list S3 objects. Http/ftp/scp processors has proxy option in config, S3 processors do not have that config. I would like to know if nifi has some setting to go through proxy for all outgoing connections or proxy for  put/get/list S3 objects (S3 processors) ?

Thanks,
-Chakri

From: Matt Gilman <ma...@gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, October 6, 2015 at 8:23 PM
To: "users@nifi.apache.org<ma...@nifi.apache.org>" <us...@nifi.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Nifi on proxy

Chakri,

I can provide some background about using NiFi behind a proxy. There are a couple of key items to know when doing this.

1) NiFi is comprised of a number of web applications (web ui, web api, documentation, custom ui's, etc). So you'll need to set up your mapping to the root path. That way all context paths are pass through accordingly. For instance, if you only mapped the /nifi context path, the custom ui for Update Attributes will not work since it's available at /update-attribute-ui-<version>.

2) NiFi's rest api will generate uri's for each component on the graph. Since your coming through a proxy, you'll need to override certain elements of the uri's being generated. You can override the elements of the uri by adding the following HTTP headers when your proxy generates the HTTP request to the NiFi instance:

X-ProxyScheme - the scheme to use to connect to your proxy (https in this case)
X-ProxyHost - the host of your proxy
X-ProxyPort - the port your proxy is listening on
X-ProxyContextPath - the path you've configured to map to the NiFi instance

Matt

Re: Nifi on proxy

Posted by Matt Gilman <ma...@gmail.com>.
Chakri,