Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by wt <wa...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/24 13:01:17 UTC

odbc - conversion failed because data value overflowed

I have a SQL server instance and configured odbc driver and a linked server.
I noticed the linked server doesn't show any columns and in fact can't
retrieve a list of columns. Secondly, if i query the data source i get a
data overflow error. any idea

1.png <http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t1892/1.png>
2.png <http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t1892/2.png>
3.png <http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t1892/3.png>

***UNCHECKED*** RE: odbc - conversion failed because data value overflowed

Posted by wt <wa...@gmail.com>.
thank i have that working. I am trying to be able to integrate sql server
with ignite for ETL purposes. We are looking to build an EDW with ignite so
would like to have it accessible by the underlying databases as a source of
truth. Looking at .Net CLR integration now as a workaround. I think with
Oracle we can use the usual jdbc driver and hopefully won't present an
issue.

RE: odbc - conversion failed because data value overflowed

Posted by Stanislav Lukyanov <st...@gmail.com>.
I don’t know how that MSSQL studio works, but it might be dependent on T-SQL or some system views/tables specific for MSSQL.

DBeaver doesn’t use any DB-specific features and is known to work with Ignite.
Take a look at this page: https://apacheignite-sql.readme.io/docs/sql-tooling

Stan

yes but i would have thought the ODBC driver would be compatible through odbc
interface standards. It would be nice to be able to add a linked server in
MSSQL and query ignite. I might have to fudge it and create a .net CLR

RE: odbc - conversion failed because data value overflowed

Posted by wt <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stanislav Lukyanov <st...@gmail.com>.
Are you trying to use MS SQL tools to connect to Ignite?
I don’t think that’s possible – at least, Ignite doesn’t claim to support that.

Stan