Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Kashyap Mhaisekar <ka...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/05 15:10:17 UTC

Logging issues in Storm

Hi,
For making Log4j logs to work in storm, what needs to be done?
I have used both Slf4j and Log4j directly and it works when executed as a
standalone java program (Logs get printed where they need to). However, the
moment I submit cluster (StormSubmitter) or LocalCluster, the logs dont
appear.

Even Sysouts dont get printed. I see some of the sysouts in Supervisor.log
but the sysouts from spouts and bolts are not there anywhere.

I came across cluster.xml under .../storm/logback which seems to indicate
all loggers should be configured here?

Any ideas on what I might be missing?

Regards,
Kashyap

RE: Logging issues in Storm

Posted by Kashyap Mhaisekar <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the direction. I don't see my logs there. I am still to try out
modifying the cluster XML for adding additional appenders.

Do the logs come in the worker logs even if it is a local cluster mode too?

Thanks!
Kashyap

RE: Logging issues in Storm