Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Chris Chabot <ch...@google.com> on 2009/09/20 14:16:35 UTC

makeRequest to headers or not to headers, that is the question

Hey All,

While debugging the UTF8 makeRequest FEED parsing, I noticed that java
shindig doesn't include the headers in it's /makeRequest response, while the
spec does state that headers should be populated.

Is that intentional ? I could imagine why,  since for 99% of the cases it's
just wasting bandwidth with useless information however in the past we have
had a 1% of people who wanted to use headers to communicate xml-rpc session
id's and sorts.

For the time being I'll mimic the no-headers behavior, but wanted to double
check that that is indeed the correct thing to do.

    -- Chris

Re: makeRequest to headers or not to headers, that is the question

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@google.com>.
Thanks!

Sounds reasonable. Don't suppose you'd know from the top of your head where
the whitelist / filter is defined so I can duplicate that?

   -- Chris

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.