Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Ruguo Yu <ji...@163.com> on 2023/02/19 07:13:08 UTC

[DISSCUSS] Support getStats/update partitioned topic with `-partition-`

Hello community,

### Motivation

Same as [19230](https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/19230), We allow users to use the `Client API` to create the partitioned topic which name contains `-partition-{not-number}` when `allowAutoTopicCreation` is `true` and `allowAutoTopicCreationType` is `partitioned` in configuration, such as topic `persistent://my-tenant/my-namespace/my-topic-partition-abc`.

However we didn't get stats and update it because related method will strictly verify whether the topic's name contains keyword `partition` on the server side, which will lead to the impassability of such topics.

### Modifications

Support getting stats and updating partitioned topics with the keyword `-partition-{not-number}` in PR[0].

Best,

Ruguo Yu

[0] https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/19235