Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de> on 2019/04/11 17:16:40 UTC

Question Regarding MNG-6505

Hi,

currently I'm summarizing the release notes for Maven 3.6.1 and I found
the Issue [MNG-6505] tweaked distributionManagement.site inheritance
which has some intersting things in a pom.xml file like this:

<scm child.scm.connection.inherit.append.path="true"
      child.scm.developerConnection.inherit.append.path="true"
      child.scm.url.inherit.append.path="true" />
<distributionManagement>
    <site child.site.url.inherit.append.path="true" />
  </distributionManagement>

But unfortunately I don't find any further docs/information how to use
such configuration in a pom file?

@Hervé Do you have some explanations ?

Or did I simply oversight some documentations ?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: Question Regarding MNG-6505

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
the solution is better explained in MNG-6059:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6059

And in reference documentation for model inheritance:
https://maven.apache.org/ref/3-LATEST/maven-model-builder/index.html#Inheritance_Assembly

Regards,

Hervé