Posted to dev@myriad.apache.org by Santosh Marella <sm...@maprtech.com> on 2015/11/19 04:36:51 UTC

Fwd: [VOTE] Release Apache Myriad 0.1.0 (incubating)

We need to fix the LICENSE, exclude the gradle-wrapper.jar from the
tarball, and add build instructions (potentially also on how to download
gradle as well) in the README.

Santosh

Posted by Santosh Marella <sm...@maprtech.com>.
Thanks Justin.

Santosh

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> @Justin - it'll be great if you can review the PR as well. Thanks!
>
> [1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-myriad/pull/49 <https://github.com/apache/incubator-myriad/pull/49>
Looks good to me.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Myriad 0.1.0 (incubating)

Posted by Santosh Marella <sm...@maprtech.com>.
I think so too.

----------------------
Sent from mobile

Posted by Jim Klucar <kl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Santosh Marella <sm...@maprtech.com>.

Posted by Santosh Marella <sm...@maprtech.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> (This may be a question for Jim Klucar (Myriad's UI developer), but if you
> are familiar with bootstrap's licensing, your guidance is much appreciated.)

Different versions of bootstrap have had different licenses you need to respect the version you have bundled not the current license.

> Also, the bootstrap-myriad.css[1] file mentions normalize.css as MIT
> licensed.

Looks MIT to me compare [1] with [2]. The principal here is [3].

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://github.com/necolas/normalize.css/blob/master/LICENSE.md <https://github.com/necolas/normalize.css/blob/master/LICENSE.md>
2. https://opensource.org/licenses/MIT <https://opensource.org/licenses/MIT>
3. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#guiding-principle <http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#guiding-principle>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Myriad 0.1.0 (incubating)

Posted by Santosh Marella <sm...@maprtech.com>.
Thanks Justin. Please see inline.

>For the LICENSE:
>- The appendix part of the LICENSE isn’t correct (i.e. the Apache licence
can apply to non ASF licensed software). Best to use the stock one and not
>modify it [1]

I didn't understand what's not correct in the appendix part of the LICENSE.
I compared the appendix section with that from the stock, and couldn't spot
a difference. Can you please clarify?

>- LICENSE mentions sub components but there are none listed
>- LICENSE is missing normalise.css which is MIT licensed see [2]

(This may be a question for Jim Klucar (Myriad's UI developer), but if you
are familiar with bootstrap's licensing, your guidance is much appreciated.)

The bootstrap-myriad.css[1] file shows it is Apache 2 licensed, but I see
v3.2.0 of bootstrap.css[2] is MIT licensed. I wonder which one is correct.

Also, the bootstrap-myriad.css[1] file mentions normalize.css as MIT
licensed. However, [3] doesn't return anything. I found [4], but it doesn't
seem to be MIT licensed. Just trying to figure out what should go into the
"sub components" section of Myriad's LICENSE file.

1.
https://github.com/apache/incubator-myriad/blob/master/myriad-scheduler/src/main/resources/webapp/css/bootstrap-myriad.css
2. https://github.com/twbs/bootstrap/blob/v3.2.0/LICENSE
3. http://git.io/normalize
4. https://github.com/necolas/normalize.css/blob/3.0.2/LICENSE.md

Santosh

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Santosh Marella <sm...@maprtech.com>.
Hi Justin,

  I think we'll definitely need to prepare a new RC as the exclusion of the
jar from the tar.gz will force an update to the build instructions.

  I've a few questions to ask regarding the update to LICENSE. I'll ask
them on the general@ thread.

  Thanks for your guidance!

Regards,
Santosh