Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Ed Kohlwey <ek...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/19 03:19:30 UTC

Malformed package list in generated pp files

I'm attempting to get started with ambari development, and while setting up
an environment based on a trunk checkout I noticed that my agent scripts
appear the be producing malformed package_list strings. Here's an example:

$package_list="[{"type":"rpm","name":"libganglia-3.5.0-99"},{"type":"rpm","name":"ganglia-devel-3.5.0-99"},{"type":"rpm","name":"ganglia-gmetad-3.5.0-99"},{"type":"rpm","name":"ganglia-web-3.5.7-99.noarch"},{"type":"rpm","name":"python-rrdtool.x86_64"},{"type":"rpm","name":"ganglia-gmond-3.5.0-99"},{"type":"rpm","name":"ganglia-gmond-modules-python-3.5.0-99"}]"

The inner quotes are not escaped so puppet fails to parse the .pp files.

Has anyone encountered this issue? Does anyone have any ideas about what to
do about it?

Re: Malformed package list in generated pp files

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com>.
HDFS still uses puppet for 2.0._. It will be converted to use python in
the next few days.

Posted by Nate Cole <nc...@hortonworks.com>.
We'll take a look.  It's possible that code is deferring to puppet.

On 12/19/13 10:38 AM, Ed Kohlwey wrote:
> The Ambari agent reports parse errors from the site-xx.pp files during
> install of any service except HDFS. Could it be that the error message is
> being generated incorrectly?
> On Dec 19, 2013 10:33 AM, "Nate Cole" <nc...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>> The 2.0._ stack does not use site-XX.pp files, it uses command-XX.json
>> files.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Nate
>>
>> On 12/19/13 10:28 AM, Ed Kohlwey wrote:
>>
>>> What about cleanup of the site-xx.pp files? Can that be turned off? It did
>>> not occur in older versions.
>>> On Dec 19, 2013 10:11 AM, "Sumit Mohanty" <sm...@hortonworks.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>   You can enable debug level by editing ambari-agent.ini file.

>> --
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Malformed package list in generated pp files

Posted by Ed Kohlwey <ek...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nate Cole <nc...@hortonworks.com>.
The 2.0._ stack does not use site-XX.pp files, it uses command-XX.json
files.

Thanks,
Nate

On 12/19/13 10:28 AM, Ed Kohlwey wrote:
> What about cleanup of the site-xx.pp files? Can that be turned off? It did
> not occur in older versions.
> On Dec 19, 2013 10:11 AM, "Sumit Mohanty" <sm...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>> You can enable debug level by editing ambari-agent.ini file.
>>
>> [agent]
>> loglevel=DEBUGINFO
>>
>> -Sumit
>> On 12/19/13 12:08 AM, "Ed Kohlwey" <ek...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks. Is anyone aware if there is a way to get better debugging output
>>> from the agent?

>> may

>> changes
>> stack).
>> 167
>> there's no
>> getting
>> the
>> and
>> see
>> an

>>> 9"},{"type":"rpm","name":"ganglia-gmond-modules-python-3.5.0-99"}]"
>> .pp
>> about
>> confidential,
>> notified
>> have

>> entity to
>> reader
>> that
>> immediately
>>>>

>> --
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Malformed package list in generated pp files

Posted by Ed Kohlwey <ek...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Ed Kohlwey <ek...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com>.
> [...]

>>>name":"python-rrdtool.x86_64"},{"type":"rpm","name":"ganglia-gmond-3.5.0
>>>-9
>> >9"},{"type":"rpm","name":"ganglia-gmond-modules-python-3.5.0-99"}]"
>> >
>> >The inner quotes are not escaped so puppet fails to parse the .pp
>>files.
>> >
>> >Has anyone encountered this issue? Does anyone have any ideas about
>>what
>> >do about it?
>>

>> --
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>> NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or
>>entity to
>> privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the
>>reader
>> of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
>>that
>> received this communication in error, please contact the sender

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Malformed package list in generated pp files

Posted by Ed Kohlwey <ek...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE