Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Kreska, Jeff" <je...@hp.com> on 2004/07/27 16:14:17 UTC

Commons net telnet buffer full

I am using the TelnetClient to execute shell commands on a remote unix
box.  When I execute
a cmd that returns more than the 2048 bytes allocated to the buffer, the
connection simply hangs.

If I modify TelnetInputSream and increase the buffer to 8k, then it
works fine.  Is this a limitation
in the implementation of the class or am I doing something incorrectly.

Here is the code I use to create the client:
            _telnetClient = new TelnetClient( "vt320" );

            TerminalTypeOptionHandler ttopt = new
TerminalTypeOptionHandler( "vt320", false, true, true, false );

            _telnetClient.addOptionHandler( ttopt );
            _telnetClient.setReaderThread( true );
            _telnetClient.connect( _conInfoBean.getHostName(),
_conInfoBean.getPort() );

---
Thanks,
Jeff