Posted to repository@apache.org by Costin Manolache <co...@covalent.net> on 2003/04/09 00:08:56 UTC

Re: [Fwd: Re: [VOTE] distribute the compiled .jar binaries as part of the /dist]

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Nick Chalko wrote:

> I almost missed this thread.
>
> The jar repository issue continues.

Except it's no longer the "jar repository issue" :-)

Just "use the /dist layout the way it is supposed to" - i.e
to distribute our releases.

Jars are just one type of binary - and I think it should follow
the same rules as .exe and .so and .tgz files ( from the point
of view of the /dist layout ).

If one or another repository is defined and distributes some
jars in whatever layout - that's wonderfull, but so far all I'm
concerned is that releases go to /dist, including binaries ( like .jars ).

Costin

Re: [Fwd: Re: [VOTE] distribute the compiled .jar binaries as part of the /dist]

Posted by Nick Chalko <ni...@chalko.com>.
Costin Manolache wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Nick Chalko wrote:
>
>> I almost missed this thread.
>> The jar repository issue continues.
>

> Except it's no longer the "jar repository issue" :-)
>
> Just "use the /dist layout the way it is supposed to" - i.e
> to distribute our releases.
> Jars are just one type of binary - and I think it should follow
> the same rules as .exe and .so and .tgz files ( from the point
> of view of the /dist layout ).
>
> If one or another repository is defined and distributes some
> jars in whatever layout - that's wonderfull, but so far all I'm
> concerned is that releases go to /dist, including binaries ( like
> .jars ).
>
> Costin

I am very happy with that result.  Once one projects starts.  I will bug
the otheres to follow suite.

--
Nick Chalko                                         Show me the code.
                          Centipede