Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Krishnendu Kunti <Kr...@infosys.com> on 2004/10/12 05:20:32 UTC

(Sandesha) Advise needed

Hi Jaliya

As I could figure out the classes in package
org.apache.sandesha.server.queue are used for message persistence, it
seems that the same classes are used at both client and server for
persistence (Please rectify if I am wrong).

I was thinking what would be a better way of mapping these classes to
data base:

1.	Map these classes directly to relational tables, but in that
case if the attributes of these classes are changed then the tables in
the database should be changed too (bit of hard coupling)
2.	Store these object as BLOBS in database, but then all the
classes should be serializable.

Please suggest which approach is better in your opinion or any other
approach? Also let us know of any advice in this regard.

Thanks
Regards
Krishnendu

A man with a dream will not be denied

Krishnendu Kunti

SETLABS, Infosys Technologies LTD
Bangalore, India
Fax: +91 80 51102520
Mobile: 9886375255

RE: (Sandesha) Advise needed

Posted by Jaliya Ekanayake <ja...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Krishnenedu,

I will explain the situation we faced when deciding the table hierarchy in
some times back.

*	In Sandesha we are storing the message context object itself in the
in-memory queue.
*	We are doing this because the storing happens at the provider
level.(In a handler we cannot just stop the message flow)
*	So once a message comes to the provider all the request handlers may
have processed and they may have set some properties to the message context.
*	In axis the user can use the property bag of the message context to
set some user specific properties and also it carries a collection of
information for the provider.
*	So when deciding a table hierarchy to represent the in and out going
messages then we have decided it very carefully to avoid loosing of required
information.
*	So to map directly the classes to the database require some
serialization of objects
*	The main problem we faced was that we couldn't serialize the message
context. That class is so huge.

So as a suggestion, first go through the providers and try to identify the
information used when invoking the service. Then try to store this
information in a database rather than just storing the message context as a
serialized object.

Hope this gives the required information

Thanks,

Jaliya

  _____