Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/26 11:03:31 UTC

Apache OpenMeetings 2.0 Incubating released

We are happy to announce Version 2.0 of Apache OpenMeetings Incubating!

This is our first release as Apache project and there have been major
changes almost everywhere in the application.

Restyled UI The UI has been refactored to have a common look and feel.
Additionally most of the icons are now loaded at runtime. That means you
can change colors and icons at runtime without changing the source code.
More info: http://incubator.apache.org/openmeetings/themes-and-branding.html

New Calendar The calendar was completely refactored and got a new UI that
was built from scratch that also adds some new functions. For example it is
possible now to password protect invitations sent via the calendar. Further
the timezone handling has been refactored and there is now also a SOAP/REST
API to handle calendar Events (
http://incubator.apache.org/openmeetings/SoapRestAPI.html )

Integration with Asterisk The application contains now modules to directly
integrate OpenMeetings with Asterisk for SIP/VoIP integration. It enables
you to dial in as well as dial out of conference room to SIP or ordinary
phones. More info:
http://incubator.apache.org/openmeetings/voip-sip-integration.html

Install/Backup/Import via command line Additionally to the Web-Interface
you can now do all basic operations via console. Just cd to your
OpenMeetings installation directory and type “admin” (or ./admin.sh) and
you will see all the options available (OpenMeetings service should be shut
down while doing those operations)

Using SWF10 for Video Components All audio/video related components now use
SWF10 for broadcasting and receiving audio and video signals. That makes it
possible to use for example the echo cancellation feature build in the
SWF10 Flash Player.

There are a lot more improvements for example to recording, screen sharing
and new layout options. To see the full list please review our Release
Notes for Version 2.0:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312720&version=12319197

There are also new Integration Plugins in the pipe!

Integration into Atlassian Jira There is a plugin in our SVN that will be
released soon for integration with Atlassian Jira, you can watch a demo
here:
https://blogs.apache.org/openmeetings/entry/jira_integration_apache_openmeetings_demo

Integration into Atlassian Confluence Same for Atlassian Confluence Wiki,
you can watch a demo here:
https://blogs.apache.org/openmeetings/entry/demo_video_about_upcoming_atlassian

Important Changes OpenOffice service does not need to be running as
permanent service. But you have to set the path to OpenOffice (or
LibreOffice) and JODConverter tools in OpenMeetings configuration.
OpenMeetings (and JODConverter) will start and stop the OpenOffice service
when they need it.

Upgrading from Version 1.9 or prior To update from an old version of
OpenMeetings to 2.x you should use the integrated Backup and Import tool
that exists since around Version 1.3. You should follow our documentation,
see: http://incubator.apache.org/openmeetings/Upgrade.html

*Downloads* of sources and binaries are available from the mirrors linked
here:
http://incubator.apache.org/openmeetings/downloads.html

All downloads can be verified using the Apache OpenMeetings code signing
KEYS <http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/openmeetings/KEYS> .

--
Sebastian Wagner <https://twitter.com/#%21/dead_lock>
 <http://www.openmeetings.de>sebawagner@apache.org

Re: Apache OpenMeetings 2.0 Incubating released

Posted by Roberto Torresani <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi all!
this is a great news! Many compliments to all for your work on this big project!

Thank you
Roberto

Certified TYPO3 Integrator

Re: Apache OpenMeetings 2.0 Incubating released

Posted by Anand Ayyappan <an...@gmail.com>.
Great News! Congrats to all team members and user.

Thanks

Anand Ayyappan

"Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a
fortune." - Jim Rohn

Visit http://indya.co to post classifieds for free

<http://www.mozilla.com/?from=sfx&uid=165364&t=557>

Posted by Stephen Cottham <St...@robertbird.com.au>.
Hey Steve,

Im working on an install script for OM at the moment, should have
something for testing next week - (It kinda takes some of the fun out of
building you own OM but I can see there is a need for it)

Cheers

[...]

07/26/12

Stephen Cottham
Group IT Manager (Associate)

Robert Bird Group
Level 5, 333 Ann St
Brisbane, Queensland, 4000, Australia
Phone: +6173 319 2777 (AUS)
Phone: +44207 592 8000 (UK)
Fax: +6173 319 2799

Mobile:  +61400 756 963 (AUS)
Mobile: +447900 918 616 (UK)
Web: www.robertbird.com

This email and any attachments are confidential and may contain legally privileged information or copyright material. Unless expressly stated, confidentiality and/or legal privilege is not intended to be waived by the sending of this email. The contents of this email, including any attachments, are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact us immediately by return email and then delete both messages. You may not otherwise read, forward, copy, use or disclose this email or any attachments. Any views expressed in this email are those of the individual sender except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states otherwise. It is your responsibility to check any attachments for viruses or defects before opening or sending them on. None of the sender or its related entities accepts any liability for any consequential damage resulting from this email containing computer viruses.

Disclaimer added by CodeTwo Exchange Rules
http://www.codetwo.com

RE: Apache OpenMeetings 2.0 Incubating released

Posted by Anand Ayyappan <an...@gmail.com>.

RE: Apache OpenMeetings 2.0 Incubating released

Posted by Roberto Torresani <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi all!

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations! Special thanks to Sebastian and committers who
invested a great part of their time and souls into release.

The question is - what is our next step? How to become a full scale
Apache project?
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#requirements

Alexei Fedotov / Алексей Федотов,
http://dataved.ru/