Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Paul Rosen <pa...@performantsoftware.com> on 2009/09/09 22:27:13 UTC

solr 1.3 and multicore data directory

Hi All,

I'm trying to set up solr 1.3 to use multicore but I'm getting some
puzzling results. My solr.xml file is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<solr persistent="true" sharedLib="../lib">
  <cores adminPath="/admin/cores">
   <core name="resources" instanceDir="resources"
dataDir="solr/resources/data/" />
   <core name="exhibits" instanceDir="exhibits"
dataDir="solr/exhibits/data/" />
   <core name="reindex_resources" instanceDir="reindex_resources"
dataDir="solr/reindex_resources/data/" />
  </cores>
</solr>

When I start up solr, everything looks normal until I get this line in
the log:

INFO: [resources] Opening new SolrCore at solr/resources/,
dataDir=./solr/data/

And a new folder is created ./solr/data/index with a blank index. And,
of course, any queries go to that blank index and not to one of my cores.

Actually, what I'd really like is to have my directory structure look
like this (some items removed for brevity):

---------------------------------
solr_1.3
     lib
     solr
         solr.xml
         bin
         conf
         data
             resources
             exhibits
             reindex_resources
start.jar
---------------------------------

And have all the cores share everything except an index.

How would I set that up?

Are there differences between 1.3 and 1.4 in this respect?

Thanks,
Paul

Re: solr 1.3 and multicore data directory

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.
you do not have to make 3 copies of conf dir even in Solr1.3

you can try this

<dataDir>${./solr/${solr.core.name}/data}</dataDir>

Posted by Paul Rosen <pa...@performantsoftware.com>.

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.