Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mark Lowe <ma...@talk21.com> on 2004/01/13 11:05:04 UTC

BeanUtils.populate form

I'm getting an exception thrown by bean utils when i submit a form, i
think this is related to setting a form property of type hashmap.

The values are set correctly in the jsp, and i'm not validating yet.
Are there any issues related to using maps as form properties? I've
scoped the form to session as the size of the map is unknown until
submission.

here's what i consider a useful part of my stacktrace, if you;ve had
this problem before then any insights appeciated.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch
         at
a:39)
         at
Impl.java:25)
         at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.setSimpleProperty(PropertyUti
ls.java:1789)
         at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.setNestedProperty(PropertyUti
ls.java:1684)
         at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.setProperty(PropertyUtils.jav
a:1713)
         at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtils.setProperty(BeanUtils.java:1019)
         at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtils.populate(BeanUtils.java:808)

Re: BeanUtils.populate form

Posted by Mark Lowe <ma...@talk21.com>.
Don't worry I was being a dick..