Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by EP...@upstate.com on 2003/03/18 16:00:39 UTC

CVS Repo Change causing login errors?

Hi all,

I realized that the maven CVS repository has moved from
jakarta-turbine-maven to just maven, correct?  I am having errors trying to
check things out using:

	cvs -d :pserver:epugh@localhost:/home/cvs co maven
.
.
cvs server: failed to create lock directory for '/home/cvs/maven'
.
.

When I issue a cvs -d :pserver:epugh@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login I
get a "no such user epugh in CVSROOT/passwd" error.

Do I need to be added back in now that the repository has moved?

Thanks,
Eric Pugh

Re: CVS Repo Change causing login errors?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 10:00, EPugh@upstate.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I realized that the maven CVS repository has moved from
> jakarta-turbine-maven to just maven, correct?  I am having errors trying to
> check things out using:
>
> 	cvs -d :pserver:epugh@localhost:/home/cvs co maven

You can't use 'pserver' with /home/cvs. That's for anonymous checkouts.

If you're doing an anonymous co use /home/cvspublic not /home/cvs. Or if
you want a copy you can edit use :ext: and set your ssh goodies.
.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: CVS Repo Change causing login errors?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 15:19, dion@multitask.com.au wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> if you weren't in the committer list in project.xml, you wont have karma
> (I think), as that's where the list of initial committers came from.
>
> Sorry about that.
>
> Jason, is that one you can fix?

Yup. I can fix.

> --
> dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
> Blog:      http://www.freeroller.net/page/dion/Weblog
> Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au
>

> EPugh@upstate.com wrote on 19/03/2003 02:00:39 AM:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I realized that the maven CVS repository has moved from
> > jakarta-turbine-maven to just maven, correct?  I am having errors trying
> > check things out using:
> >
> >    cvs -d :pserver:epugh@localhost:/home/cvs co maven
> > .
> > .
> > cvs server: failed to create lock directory for '/home/cvs/maven'
> > .
> > .
> >
> > When I issue a cvs -d :pserver:epugh@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic
> login I
> > get a "no such user epugh in CVSROOT/passwd" error.
> >
> > Do I need to be added back in now that the repository has moved?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Eric Pugh

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

RE: CVS Repo Change causing login errors?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Thu, 2003-03-20 at 02:23, Alexei Barantsev wrote:
> I still have no rights :(

I fixed cvs, but I have no access to put you in the maven group. I'll
send the request today.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

RE: CVS Repo Change causing login errors?

Posted by Alexei Barantsev <ba...@kazbek.ispras.ru>.
I still have no rights :(

On my local host :

bash-2.05a$ cvs -d :ext:abarantsev@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvs co maven
cvs server: failed to create lock directory for `/home/cvs/maven'
(/home/cvs/maven/#cvs.lock): Permission denied
cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/home/cvs/maven'
cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

On cvs.apache.org :

> id
uid=1626(abarantsev) gid=1626(abarantsev) groups=1626(abarantsev),
5000(apcvs), 5004(jakarta)
> ls -al /home/cvs/maven
total 491
drwxrwxr-x    6 geirm      maven        512 Mar 19 22:34 .

I'm not a member of group 5027(maven).
Eric, what about you, can you checkout maven from new location?

--
Alexei Barantsev, ISP RAS
E-mail: barancev@kazbek.ispras.ru
Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Wed, 2003-03-19 at 00:31, Alexei Barantsev wrote:
> Exactly the same with me :(
>
> I'm very sorry I forgot to add my name to project.xml.
> I'll do that as soon as possible. Right now it is impossible :)
>
> Jason, could you fix that too, please?
> My login name is abarantsev.
>
> Thank you very much!

done.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

RE: CVS Repo Change causing login errors?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

RE: CVS Repo Change causing login errors?

Posted by Alexei Barantsev <ba...@kazbek.ispras.ru>.
Exactly the same with me :(

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.