Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Mattison, Jacob" <jm...@uarts.edu> on 2003/06/12 19:17:17 UTC

[users@httpd] SSL problem

Hi folks.

I'm attempting to test out SSL on RedHat 8 with Apache 1.3.27.  I'm using
mod_ssl.  It works if I try to connect using a browser that is on the same
machine as the server.  It doesn't work from another machine.  On the other
machine I just get "cannot find server".  No error appears in any of the
apache or ssl logs.  Note that when I'm not using SSL, I can connect from
either browser without trouble.  What would cause SSL to only work for a
local browser?  Any ideas, or parts of httpd.conf or other files you'd like
to see, are very welcome!

Thank you,

Jacob Mattison

Re: [users@httpd] SSL problem

Posted by kulkarni veena <ve...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

I have had same problems but for me Netscape works all
the time it is only IE that is giving me problems.

Somebody suggested this to me, see if this helps u (it
did not help me though):
-------------------------
Search through the archives using MSIE as the keyword
and you should
have
most of the messages in the archives that pertain to
this problem.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modssl

HTH,

Christopher Taranto