Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Daniel <DA...@hotmail.com> on 2002/08/28 20:16:49 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: users Digest 28 Aug 2002 13:22:03 -0000 Issue 441 RE RE

Hi guys. It's been almost 2 months since i've been trying to get php to
work! I have winXP and Apache 4.2.2 (the latest one). I tried to install php
manually and with the install wizard, both of which have failed. In the
readme it says php is for apache 1.3.x, is this true? so I can't use it with
my setup?

also, the problem might lie within mysql. I installed mysql and also
installed myODBC (however when I run winmysqladmin it says myODBC not found,
is there any code I have to put in anywhere to tell mysql I have odbc ?
because I just ran setup.exe). Mysql says ready for connections, does this
mean mysql is all setup?

and How do I get Apache to run with mysql?

please help.

Re: [users@httpd] Re: users Digest 28 Aug 2002 13:22:03 -0000 Issue 441 RE RE

Posted by rm <rm...@crescentconstruction.com>.
Daniel,

This is a re-post of what was posted yesterday.  A bit rude - ya think?

The reason no one can help you is that your post would indicate you are
relatively clueless as to what you are doing.  There is no Apache 4 -
only 1.3x and 2x.  There is php4.2.2.  But if you can't even get your
versions straight - there's no way to walk you through this via mailing
list.

I've installed apache, php, and mysql dozens of times.  Couple of times
I even needed help here - and got it very quickly.  But you've got to do
your homework and narrow your problems down to specifics. If you've been
at this steady for 2 months and this is the best question you can create
- you've got several months to go.

rm