Posted to user@hive.apache.org by abhishek pathak <fo...@yahoo.co.in> on 2011/03/18 15:02:19 UTC

Worng file format error

Hi all,

I have created an external hive table with the STORED AS SEQUENCEFILE
option.However,when I try to load a blank file into that table it gives me the
following error:

Failed with exception Wrong file format. Please check the file's format.
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MoveTask

I also tried by loading a small .seq file (generated by flume) instead of the
blank file,however i got the same error.
I already have many .seq files stored in the hdfs with partitons already made as
folders.I was earlier using hive with that hdfs but the table created was of
TEXTFILE type,and I dropped it and created the exact same table with
SEQUENCEFILE type,so as to boost performance.However,i am not able to load data
in hive due to this error.
I would appreciate it if someone could guide me through this.

Regards,
Abhishek