Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@Covalent.NET> on 1998/09/10 21:38:11 UTC

[David Nicklay ] Linux Tweaks

I noticed that your linux tweaks section did not mention how to increase
the file descriptor limit.  This is something that we have had to do
on our own servers up at work all of the time because of the number of
files it keeps open, 300 virtual domains was enough for us to hit the limit,
so we have had to use this little tweak all of the time:
http://www.avana.net/docs/linux-fd-tweak.html
This I got from squid.nlanr.net a while back, and updated it for our own
system.  I have a few other tweaks that I need to put in the /docs/patches
directory that you might find useful for apache under linux as well.

--
David Nicklay _________ Ventura  O-