Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Marc Logemann <li...@logemann.org> on 2012/09/30 22:30:05 UTC

not a recognized entity

Hi,

after hours of researching i am lost. Perhaps someone can help out. In my CI server i am getting a stacktrace like this:

[getDHLLeitcode] org.apache.openjpa.persistence.ArgumentException: An error occurred while parsing the query filter "select d from DP_ORT_DA d where lower(d.oname) = ?1". Error message: The name "DP_ORT_DA" is not a recognized entity or identifier. Perhaps you meant DP_PLZ_DA, which is a close match. Known entity names: [User, CarrierMapping, Device, GLSBox, CostCentre, Workplace, JobTrigger, AlternateSender, ContactNN, BlackBoxMapping, CmrCarrier, DP_STRA_DB, EmailConnection, Distribution, NumberRange, Balance, Client, Right, NVListener, FtpConnection, AccountingHistory, Document, SameDayDelivery, DPDVersion, Contact, DeliveryAddress, DistributionContainer, DP_PLZ_DA, DPDDepot, Configuration, CustomsOffice, Country, DHLAccountingClientSettings, Notification, EdiConnection, PriceMatrix, GLN, Communications, TrackTraceSetting, Address, BankAccount, Role, Printer, Label, AZCPR00F, PackagingDimension, Person]
[15:13:47][getDHLLeitcode] <openjpa-2.1.0-r422266:1071316 nonfatal user error> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.ArgumentException: An error occurred while parsing the query filter "select d from DP_ORT_DA d where lower(d.oname) = ?1". Error message: The name "DP_ORT_DA" is not a recognized entity or identifier. Perhaps you meant DP_PLZ_DA, which is a close match. Known entity names: [User, CarrierMapping, Device, GLSBox, CostCentre, Workplace, JobTrigger, AlternateSender, ContactNN, BlackBoxMapping, CmrCarrier, DP_STRA_DB, EmailConnection, Distribution, NumberRange, Balance, Client, Right, NVListener, FtpConnection, AccountingHistory, Document, SameDayDelivery, DPDVersion, Contact, DeliveryAddress, DistributionContainer, DP_PLZ_DA, DPDDepot, Configuration, CustomsOffice, Country, DHLAccountingClientSettings, Notification, EdiConnection, PriceMatrix, GLN, Communications, TrackTraceSetting, Address, BankAccount, Role, Printer, Label, AZCPR00F, PackagingDimension, Person] at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.exps.AbstractExpressionBuilder.parseException(AbstractExpressionBuilder.java:119) at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.jpql.JPQLExpressionBuilder.getClassMetaData(JPQLExpressionBuilder.java:195)

Now this looks quite easy because normally it means that the queried entity "DP_ORT_DA" is not an entity. Either not enhanced or somehow not registered. First of all, it is enhanced. I reverse engineered the class file which resides in my CI (continius integration) server work dir. Because i use spring, entities get auto-registered without the need listing them in persistence.xml. Really exciting is that OpenJPA proposes or suggest using DP_PLZ_DA, because this is registered. This is weird because this class is in the same package and is of course also enhanced as the other entity as well.

Of course i dont have this problem when doing a production build. Its only in my CI server which uses mainly the same ANT tasks for enhancing and stuff. What can i do to debug this further? Getting low on ideas how to debug it.... Thanks.

---
regards
Marc Logemann
http://www.logemann.org
http://www.logentis.de

Re: not a recognized entity

Posted by Marc Logemann <li...@logemann.org>.
Hi,

doesnt make any difference. Still the same error. Even tried it on a complete new build server @amazon. Of course it doesnt make any difference if i do it just by running "ant test" on shell, or by using the CI server. I could comment this specific test to see if its the only issue. This error appears after running 10 tests successfully.

I really wonder why the junit ANT task behaves differently than my production build. I never had this issue before and we build the product since ages.

Anything more i can do ? Can you elaborate on this weird error message. I mean, it doesnt make much sense what OpenJPA wants to tell me....

---
regards
Marc Logemann
http://www.logemann.org
http://www.logentis.de

Re: not a recognized entity

Posted by Rick Curtis <cu...@gmail.com>.
Marc -

--
*Rick Curtis*

Re: not a recognized entity

Posted by Marc Logemann <li...@logemann.org>.
Hi,

now the third message, nearly giving up. I now defined the entities via MetaDataFactory poperty and now i get:

[getDHLLeitcode] <openjpa-2.1.0-r422266:1071316 nonfatal user error> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.ArgumentException: An error occurred while parsing the query filter "select a from DP_PLZ_DA a where a.plz = ?1 and LOWER(a.oname) = ?2". Error message: The name "DP_PLZ_DA" is not a recognized entity or identifier. Perhaps you meant DP_PLZ_DA, which is a close match. Known entity names: [User, CarrierMapping, GLSBox, ContactNN, AlternateSender, BlackBoxMapping, DP_STRA_DB, Distribution,  Balance, FtpConnection, AccountingHistory, SameDayDelivery, DeliveryAddress, DP_ORT_DA, Country, DHLAccountingClientSettings, Notification, EdiConnection, PriceMatrix, TrackTraceSetting, AZCPR00F, PackagingDimension, Device, CarrierService, Workplace, CostCentre, JobTrigger, CmrCarrier, EmailConnection, NumberRange, Client, Right, NVListener, Document, DPDVersion, Contact, DP_PLZ_DA, DPDDepot, Configuration, DistributionContainer, CustomsOffice, DistributionItem, GLN, Communications, Address, Role, BankAccount, Label, Printer, Person] at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.exps.AbstractExpressionBuilder.parseException(AbstractExpressionBuilder.java:119)

Look at:

Re: not a recognized entity

Posted by Marc Logemann <li...@logemann.org>.
Hi,