Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Zaoui Bruno <bz...@prosodie.com> on 2006/09/07 11:33:12 UTC

Catalog / product visualization under a future date

Hello,

We need to play the following use case with ofbiz :
Some company prepares its Christams eCommerce campaign. Through the
backoffice, merchandiser feed the products, catalog, pricing rules,
promos, and so on.
This will affect the objects that are period dependent (those that have
fromDate and thruDate fields).
Once this job done, he'd like to check the aspect of his front office,
but at the date in the future, let's say December the 20th.
Till now, we aren't aware of some existing feature or way to satisfy
this need.
We thought about some solutions, like shifting the system date of the
server, but this can cause too many side effects.
Our conclusion is to study and modify in an as soft way as possible the
behaviour of the Delegator (and ) object.
Before we dive in the entity engine layer, can somebody tell me if
somthing was done around that topic, or if some tips already exist ?

Thanks in advance

Vladan Tutunovic
Prosodie Product Team
vtutunovic@prosodie.com

Re: Catalog / product visualization under a future date

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
You wouldn't necessarily have to copy the database, just point an app
server box with a different date to the same database.

-David

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com>.