Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Erwin Mueller <er...@deventm.org> on 2010/09/24 08:40:47 UTC

Archiva 1.3.1 on Ubuntu 10.04 on Tomcat 6

Hello,
I'm trying to install archiva 1.3.1 on Ubuntu 10.04. I did everything like on
the guide.
http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.3.1/adminguide/webapp.html

But I needed to change somewhat because Ubuntu is a little bit different.
There are two directories, one is
CATALINE_HOME = /usr/share/tomcat6
and the other is
CATALINA_BASE = /var/lib/tomcat6

* created archiva directory in /usr/share/tomcat6 because there are the bin/
and lib/ directories.
* created archiva.xml in /usr/lib/tomcat6/conf/Catalina/localhost
* copied derby-10-6-1-0.jar, activation-1.1.1.jar and mail-1.4.1.jar to
/usr/share/tomcat6/lib

I have no idea where to put CATALINA_OPTS="-Dappserver.home=$CATALINA_HOME -
Dappserver.base=$CATALINA_HOME".

I attached it to JAVA_OPTS, I changed the init.d script, I even extract the
archive and changed the WEB-INF/classes/application.properties.
I still get the same exception.

Where should I put the CATALINA_OPTS?

Sep 24, 2010 7:52:41 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: HTMLManager: list: Listing contexts for virtual host 'localhost'
Sep 24, 2010 7:54:33 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: HTMLManager: start: Starting web application at '/archiva'
Sep 24, 2010 7:54:33 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: Initializing Spring root WebApplicationContext
Sep 24, 2010 7:54:35 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of
class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
with name 'xmlRpcUserRepositories' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-
INF/applicationContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean
'userRepositories' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is
with name 'userRepositories': FactoryBean threw exception on object creation;
nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'roleManager' defined in URL
[jar:file:/var/lib/tomcat6/webapps/archiva/WEB-INF/lib/redback-rbac-role-
manager-1.2.3.jar!/org/codehaus/plexus/redback/role/DefaultRoleManager.class]:
Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is
javax.jdo.JDODataStoreException: Failed initialising database. Please check
that your database JDBC driver is accessible, and the database URL and
username/password are correct. Exception : Cannot create
PoolableConnectionFactory (Failed to create database
'/path/to/database/users', see the next exception for details.)
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create

--
Erwin Mueller, erwin.mueller@deventm.org
http://www.global-scaling-institute.de/

Re: Archiva 1.3.1 on Ubuntu 10.04 on Tomcat 6

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 12:21 PM, Erwin Mueller
<er...@deventm.org> wrote:
> Sorry, it's a typo.
> Everything works now but I wish it would be more clear on the guide site.

I'm glad it's working. :)  I don't run it on Tomcat myself, so if you
can suggest some specific changes to the site, I'd be happy to include
them.

Preferably that would be as a patch or svn diff, you mentioned this page?
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/archiva/trunk/archiva-docs/src/site/apt/adminguide/webapp.apt

If you're interested in working on the docs, come join us on the dev
list if you need help checking out, etc.

--
Wendy

Re: Archiva 1.3.1 on Ubuntu 10.04 on Tomcat 6

Posted by Erwin Mueller <er...@deventm.org>.
Sorry, it's a typo.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erwin Mueller <er...@deventm.org>.
So what should be the path?
I changed it to /var/lib/tomcat6/data/databases/users and
/var/lib/tomcat6/data/databases/archiva
I get the same error. With or without first creating the directories. The
ownership is the same group/user as the tomcat6 server.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

brett@apache.org
http://brettporter.wordpress.com/