Posted to npanday-dev@incubator.apache.org by Adelita Padilla <ap...@maestrodev.com> on 2011/05/06 09:44:44 UTC

[VOTE] NPanday-1.4.0-incubating

Hi NPanday Users,

I'm happy to announce that NPanday-1.4.0-incubating is available and ready
for your testing and voting.

You can start testing here:

Repository Builder:
http://vmbuild.apache.org/archiva/repository/staged-npanday/org/apache/npanday/npanday-repository-builder/1.4.0-incubating/

MS Installer:
http://vmbuild.apache.org/archiva/repository/staged-npanday/org/apache/npanday/npanday-installer/1.4.0-incubating/

Source:
http://vmbuild.apache.org/archiva/repository/staged-npanday/org/apache/npanday/npanday-project/1.4.0-incubating/

The docs for 1.4.0-incubating can also be found here
http://incubator.apache.org/npanday/docs/1.4.0-incubating/index.html

[] +1 1.4.0-incubating passes and is ready for release
[] 0 Don't care
[] -1 Objection and please state the reason why.

Thanks again for the hardworking people who contributed patches and filed
issues.

Cheers,

--

liit

Re: [VOTE] NPanday-1.4.0-incubating

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 07/05/2011, at 7:03 AM, Lars Corneliussen wrote:

> Integration Test Errors
> http://pastie.org/1873091
>
> Tests in error:
>
>  test(npanday.its.NPANDAY_377_WithCustomNPandaySettingsFileTest)
>  test(npanday.its.NPANDAY_377_WithCustomNPandaySettingsDirectoryTest)
>  - what could that be? both fail with 'The plugin 'org.apache.npanday.plugins:maven-compile-plugin' does not exist or no valid version could be found

Fixed (problem in the tests)

>  testConflictingExtensions(npanday.its.NPANDAY_140_ConflictingExtensionsTest)
>  - this never passed on my machine

Passes for me.

>  testLadderBuild(npanday.its.NPANDAY_268_TransitiveDependenciesTest)
>  testTransitiveDependenciesNotOnCompile(npanday.its.NPANDAY_268_TransitiveDependenciesTest)
>  - seems to be a bug in the tests.  both fail with: The plugin 'npanday.plugin:maven-compile-plugin' does not exist or no valid version could be found

Also passes for me. They seem to have the right parent, but since they are unpacked maybe they aren't finding it if it wasn't installed. Does the parent get installed for you?

As a side note, these highlight that the maven-metadata doesn't set the version correctly in the local repository - not a big deal, just something we might want to fix eventually.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] NPanday-1.4.0-incubating

Posted by Lars Corneliussen <me...@lcorneliussen.de>.
+1

- VS Addin installs and launches (not tested more)
- Repo contains everything needed (rest is downloaded from central).
- Most ITs pass (its-trunk).
- My sample projects pass :-)

Well done.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
I've checked that the distributions look ok. I'll test the build / execution of them tomorrow.

Posted by "Larry Shatzer, Jr." <la...@gmail.com>.
After some googling, I got past it by running it from an elevated
permission command window as noted in http://ms-uc.herber.co/?p=123

Posted by "Larry Shatzer, Jr." <la...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Larry Shatzer, Jr." <la...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josimpson Ocaba <jo...@maestrodev.com>.
Hi Larry,

Posted by "Larry Shatzer, Jr." <la...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Hi

That's fine. I just wanted to make sure we didn't miss it this time around.

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: [VOTE] NPanday-1.4.0-incubating

Posted by Josimpson Ocaba <jo...@maestrodev.com>.
+1 on 1.4.0

Although I'd like to note that there is a build failure on building wpf
projects missing error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Automation' does
not exist in the namespace 'System.Windows' (are you missing an assembly
reference?)

I think this could be a potential blocker since this is a regression. It
fails to build on VS2008 and VS2010 WPF project types.

We could open this on a different issue and note it as a regression and work
on it on the next follow up release.

Thanks,

Re: [VOTE] NPanday-1.4.0-incubating

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
I think it's nice to give the community a head start before opening
the vote to incubator-general@.  It does mean a longer voting period,
but that's probably fine for now.  Has someone checked the
license/notice/signature type things already?  -Wendy

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Adelita Padilla <ap...@maestrodev.com>.
Hi Dennis,

Posted by Lars Corneliussen <me...@lcorneliussen.de>.
Hi Denis,

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: [VOTE] NPanday-1.4.0-incubating

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
+1

- tried the MSI and confirmed that worked for VS and the integration tests passed
- uninstalled, reset the GAC
- built from source, confirmed that could be installed in VS and that the integration tests passed

The license and notices look good to me.

The only major issue I've noticed is the documentation is not updated with the new group ID. I suggest we can change that on trunk and deploy it into the 1.4.0 location instead - it isn't included in the release anyway.

Also, the main site seems to have already been updated to 1.4.0 (though with the old version links) - we need to make sure that is fixed up properly after the release is out.

- Brett

Posted by Lars Corneliussen <me...@lcorneliussen.de>.
agree. remove it and document how to avoid it next time.

--
Message sent from mobile device

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Adelita Padilla <ap...@maestrodev.com>.
Hi Wendy,

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

[RESULTS] [VOTE] NPanday-1.4.0-incubating

Posted by Adelita Padilla <ap...@maestrodev.com>.
On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 5:44 PM, Adelita Padilla <ap...@maestrodev.com>wrote:

> Hi NPanday Users,
>
> I'm happy to announce that NPanday-1.4.0-incubating is available and ready
> for your testing and voting.
>
> You can start testing here:
>
> Repository Builder:
> http://vmbuild.apache.org/archiva/repository/staged-npanday/org/apache/npanday/npanday-repository-builder/1.4.0-incubating/
>
> MS Installer:
> http://vmbuild.apache.org/archiva/repository/staged-npanday/org/apache/npanday/npanday-installer/1.4.0-incubating/
>
> Source:
> http://vmbuild.apache.org/archiva/repository/staged-npanday/org/apache/npanday/npanday-project/1.4.0-incubating/
>
> The docs for 1.4.0-incubating can also be found here
> http://incubator.apache.org/npanday/docs/1.4.0-incubating/index.html
>
> [] +1 1.4.0-incubating passes and is ready for release
> [] 0 Don't care
> [] -1 Objection and please state the reason why.
>

> Thanks again for the hardworking people who contributed patches and filed
> issues.
>

> Cheers,
>
> --
>
> liit

Hi All,

We have a total of 3 binding votes and 3 non-binding votes to release
NPanday-1.4.0-incubating.

Here's the tally of the votes:

Brett Porter (binding)
Maria Odea Ching (binding)
Anthony Elder (binding)
Josimpson Ancla Ocaba(non-binding)
Adelita L. Padilla (non-binding)
Lars Corneliussen (non-binding)

Thanks for taking some time to test and vote.

I'll get everything published.

Cheers,

-

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 7:12 AM, Adelita Padilla
<ap...@maestrodev.com> wrote:
>  As of now, here's the tally of votes:
>
>  +1 (2 binding votes)
>
>  +1 (3 non-binding votes)
>
>  We still need one more binding vote, so we could open a [VOTE] in
> @general.

Hmm.... actually if you go ahead and open the vote on general@, you
might get another binding vote from there.  AIUI, it's all one vote
spread across the two lists, you just have to get three Incubator PMC
members.

And since you're going to have to leave that vote open for the
requisite three days, might as well go ahead and get it started now
that you're pretty sure things are okay with the release.

--
Wendy

Re: [VOTE] NPanday-1.4.0-incubating

Posted by Adelita Padilla <ap...@maestrodev.com>.
 Hi All,

 +1 for 1.4.0-incubating

 I've deployed the latest documentation containing the updated groupIds for
the plugins.

 I also created an issue with regards to packaging of the sources
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NPANDAY-429

 As of now, here's the tally of votes:

 +1 (2 binding votes)

 +1 (3 non-binding votes)

 We still need one more binding vote, so we could open a [VOTE] in
@general.

 For those who haven't casted theirs, please do VOTE.

 Thanks,

 liit

Posted by Deng Ching <oc...@apache.org>.