Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Nazeer Shaik <na...@confluxtechnologies.com> on 2016/05/17 13:00:56 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Fineract 0.1.2 (incubating)

Hello Incubator PMC,

The Apache Fineract community has voted and approved the proposal to
release Apache Fineract 0.1.2 (incubating).
We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this
incubator release.

Apache Fineract is an open source system for core banking as a platform.
Fineract provides a reliable, robust, and affordable solution for
entrepreneurs, financial institutions, and service providers to offer
financial services to the world’s 2 billion under banked and unbanked. More
information can be found at http://fineract.incubator.apache.org/

The Apache Fineract-0.1.2-incubating release candidate is now available
with the following artifacts for a project vote:

[VOTE] Thread:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-fineract-dev/201605.mbox/%3CCAOSe2yvmLHfHtQnPTH1j777AEakKrVw7pzTe%2BWu%3DVw_fw9RnJA%40mail.gmail.com%3E

[VOTE RESULT] Thread:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-fineract-dev/201605.mbox/%3CCAOSe2yuyYv4bp7PL52JvzchdANGS-waXxteFKboY%2BaUZSw_YPQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E

The release candidate to be voted on is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/fineract/0.1.2-incubating/apache-fineract-0.1.2-incubating-src.tar.gz

Git tag for the release:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-fineract/tree/0.1.2-incubating
or
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-fineract.git;a=tree;h=refs/heads/0.1.2-incubating;hb=refs/heads/0.1.2-incubating

Source release verification:
PGP signature:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/fineract/0.1.2-incubating/apache-fineract-0.1.2-incubating-src.tar.gz.asc
MD5/SHA Hash:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/fineract/0.1.2-incubating/apache-fineract-0.1.2-incubating-src.tar.gz.md5
Keys to verify the signature of the release artifact are available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/fineract/KEYS

Release Notes:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=62697180

Build verification steps can be found at:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-fineract/blob/0.1.2-incubating/README.md
or refer 'README.md' in apache-fineract-0.1.2-incubating-src.tar.gz

*Note: *1) This is a source only release with no binaries, with
instructions on how to
build/test the application.
2) We couldn't migrate to Open JPA to avoid dependency on Hibernate(LGPLv2.1
).
We are referring Hibernate Entity Manager, MySQLDialect,
annotations(LazyCollection, LazyCollectionOption)
at run time only and doesn't include any source or binary from Hibernate. A
separate mail will be initiated to get legal VP approval.

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of
votes are reached.

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

Here is my +1 (non binding)

Thanks,
Nazeer

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Fineract 0.1.2 (incubating)

Posted by Myrle Krantz <mk...@mifos.org>.
+1 (non binding)

*Myrle Krantz*
Solutions Architect
RɅĐɅЯ, The Mifos Initiative
mkrantz@mifos.org | Skype: mkrantz.mifos.org | http://mifos.org

Posted by Markus Geiß <ma...@live.de>.
Hey Mike,

hope this finds you well. ; o)

You're right, we are not depending on a GPL licensed library.
But LGPL (Hibernate) is treated the same way as GPL, so
we need to do some work on our side.

Best,

Markus

.::YAGNI likes a DRY KISS::.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
LGPL is disallowed as category X:
http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-x

John

Posted by Michael Vorburger <mi...@vorburger.ch>.
Hello,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Markus Geiß <ma...@live.de>.
Hey Justin,

hope this finds you well. ; o)

Thanks for another very detailed analysis. ; o)

Sadly we still have an unwanted dependency bundled and we are using it in the code.
That's why we still have the GPL reference in the LICENSE file.

We were under the impression that we can 'release' incubation releases with some
issues and clean them out during the podling. We are aware that we won't reach
TLP status as long as these mismatches are present.

To answer your questions:

[1] Given we use some Hibernate annotations we thought it is best to bundle the license
as long as we did not fixed that.

[2] We will add the missing license.

[3] I believe this is a mistake.

Once again thanks for your great work, you rock. ; o)

Best,

Markus

.::YAGNI likes a DRY KISS::.

Posted by Myrle Krantz <mk...@mifos.org>.