Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Jose Cornado <Jo...@pervasive.com> on 2001/03/22 18:08:12 UTC

Parsed Output Encoding

Guys:

	I haven't seen this question posted, so I'm sending it to you. Sorry
if this was already answered.

Background:
	I'm writing an ODBC api test tool and I'm using Xerces so I just
have to provide the ODBC/SQL behavior, the parsing is provided by Xerces. My
approach is to delegate all the string management to the parser and I deal
with the ODBC data memory management. I have the following element:

<row c1="1" c2="-2" c3="0xFFFACEDDEDEEAA" c4="aabbcc" /row>

The parsed output for c2 is 0x2D 00 32 00 (unicode). This would force me to
make extra mallocs/wctombs calls that I would like to avoid since this is
the data that I'm trying to validate after a select.

Question:

	Is there a way to tell xerces to set the output chars in non unicode
format, ascii in particular? Thanks a lot