Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Carlos Kassab <ck...@eplsite.org> on 2004/02/10 18:44:05 UTC

Embperl/2.0b10 Apache/2.0.48 (Unix) mod_perl/1.99_12 Perl/v5.6.1 Slow on Debian Woody 3r2

Hi all:

Since my last success compiling apache2, now i am trying with debian
woody 3r2.

I compiled and installed Apache2 to /usr/local/apache2

Then i downloaded mod_perl 2.99_12, i compiled, tested and installed
very fine.

Now i downloaded, compiled, tested and installed Embperl2.0b10, the only
comment here is that it was needed CGI 3.00 in order to have the upload
file working.

The computer is a celeron 667 mhz, 256 mb ram and i have 3gb hd
available, i m working in text environment, well, it is a server.

At last i installed mysql and eplsite.

Everything installed ok and works.

The problem is that it seems apache is working as cgi and seems it is
not preloading  eplsite programs.

Somebody knows if something wrong with debian?

Thank you in advance for your great help.

Re: Embperl/2.0b10 Apache/2.0.48 (Unix) mod_perl/1.99_12 Perl/v5.6.1 Slow on Debian Woody 3r2... NOW SEEMS TO WORK

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> Gerald if you would know why now embperl is faster, i think we would
> like to know.

The

LoadModule embperl_module ...

loads only the C-part of Embperl, with your first configuration the Perl
part is loaded at the time of the first request of each apache child, with
the second config, the Perl part is also loaded on startup, so the it's
already there when you request a page. Adding

PerlModule Embperl

to the first config should have the same result

Gerald

Re: Embperl/2.0b10 Apache/2.0.48 (Unix) mod_perl/1.99_12 Perl/v5.6.1 Slow on Debian Woody 3r2... NOW SEEMS TO WORK

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

Posted by Carlos Kassab <ck...@eplsite.org>.
Hi all:

Now i have changed the way to load Embperl.

I create a file called apache2_modules.pl
and in the file i put:
use Apache2 ();
use ModPerl::Util (); #for CORE::GLOBAL::exit

use Apache::RequestRec ();
use Apache::RequestIO ();
use Apache::RequestUtil ();

use Apache::Server ();
use Apache::ServerUtil ();
use Apache::Connection ();
use Apache::Log ();

use APR::Table ();

use ModPerl::Registry ();
use Embperl;

Now it seems embperl is working as i want... fast.

Gerald if you would know why now embperl is faster, i think we would
like to know.

Thank you very much for your time.

Carlos Kassab

Posted by Carlos Kassab <ck...@eplsite.org>.